I love banana fritters or Pisang Goreng so much. I used to get my Pisang Goreng fix from the street vendors. But, now since I have this secret recipe for making my crispy batter. I’m no longer obliged to get it from the street.
Don’t get me wrong.
There are a lot of readymade banana fritters powder.
I have an old video on Banana Fritters that received quite of the number of view on youtube. But, I’m using a readymade Adabi powder. It was delicious too.
However, the satisfaction of making your own from mixing a few ingredients just make it so much fun. It’s like chemical class all over again.
I want to make Pisang Goreng batter more universal, where you can quickly excess all the ingredients from any part of the world.
So, this is for you; I’m dedicating this to you if you’re looking for crispy and crunchy banana fritters.
Hope you’ll enjoy my recipe.
With love? from our simple kitchen to yours.
RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM?
Do you love? luveenalee.com? Don’t miss another recipe. Click here to Subscribe to our Youtube Channel !
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Youtube| Facebook | Instagram???
Yield: 5-6 persons
10-15 pieces Banana ( I do prefer to use Raja Banana (Pisang Raja) & Pisang Abu)
Deep frying oil
50g Tapioca Flour
50g Rice Flour
50g cake flour
1 tbsp custard powder
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2-1 tsp salt
60g cooking oil
- Mix all the batter ingredients and let it rest for 15 mins before use.
- Remove Banana skin and cut off ends. If the banana is big, cut into half.
- Heat a wok/pan with deep-frying oil.
- Dip banana into the batter and directly to the deep-frying oil.
- Test with one or two pieces of banana to check the result. Feel free to add salt when necessary.
- Once the banana fritters change to golden brown, transfer to a plate with kitchen towel. And repeat again.
- Serve while still warm.
Tip: The banana fritters will still be crunchy even after 1-2 hours.