Stir Fry Pork With Taucheo | Stir Fried Pork With Salted Bean Paste Recipe
Taucheo is used in a lot of chinese recipes. It has a few variation from normal taucheo to minced taucheo or black taucheo.
Taucheo is quite salty, and everytime a dish requires taucheo, I’ll omit the salt. Because Taucheo is very salty, you need to balance out the flavour with some sugar. If you’re not used with Taucheo, I’d advice to add in little at a time.
Taucheo goes well with fish, chicken, and pork. But, today I’m going to show you how to cook Spicy Taucheo Pork, this dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. If you can’t handle spiciness, you can omit the chilies out from the dish.
So, let’s start cooking. Hope you’ll like it.
Stir Fry Pork With Taucheo
| Stir Fried Pork With Salted Bean Paste Recipe
450g Pork meat, preferable combination of thin and slight fat part.
2 Thai’s Red Chilies
2 tbsp minced bean paste / taucheo/ tauchu
1 tsp Crispy fish Chilli ( Brand : Heng’s) , this is optional.
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 garlic, minced
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Slice pork meat thinly.
2. Marinate with 2 tbsp water and 1 tsp tapioca starch.
3. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp minced bean paste and 1 tbsp sugar.
4. Minced 3 cloves of garlic.
5. Sliced thinly 2 Thai’s chilies.
6. In a bowl, add 1 tsp Crispy Fish Chilli.This is optional if you like that extra spiciness.
7. Add 1 tbsp dark soy sauce in a small bowl.
8. Now, we are ready to cook. Heat up a wok on high heat.
9. Add 2 tbsp cooking oil.
10. Add minced garlic and cook until garlic slightly brown.
11. Reduce to low heat, and add minced bean paste and sugar. Cook for about 1 mins.
Tip: Do not use high heat, minced bean paste might burn quickly.
12. Add pork meat. Increase to high heat.
13. Add 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce.
14. Cook until the pork almost 80% cook.
Tip: Make sure all the meats are separated and not stick to each other.
15. Add 1 tsp Crispy Fish Chilli.
15. Add 50ml water gradually. And keep stirring until pork meat is fully cooked.
16. Add sliced red Thai’s chilies and give a quick stir.
17. Serve it immediately with warm rice.