Indian’s Spices and Herbs are my number one favourite. These spices and herbs when combined are amazing in smell and ridiculously flavourfulness.I love the distinctive,earthy and exotic flavour. I just can’t get over it.
I might have other roast chicken recipe but this one is definitely close to my heart.This recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver Recipe and when i saw it, i know that this is just a must try recipe. Yeap, i’m not wrong at all. It is my favourite roast chicken ever.
If you are like me, love the Indian Spices, then this is your thing!
Hope you enjoy the recipe and food!
Spicy Indian Roast Chicken
Serve : 4 Person
1 x Lemon
Marinate One Whole Chicken For 12 hour with these ingredients:
1 heaped tbsp blended Red Chillies
1 heaped tbsp blended Garlic
1 big thumb size blended Ginger
1 heaped tbsp tomatoes puree
1 heaped tsp of ground coriander
1 heaped tsp of ground cumin
1 heaped tsp of Turmeric
1 heaped tsp of Garam Masala
2 heaped tsp of Yogurt
Juice of 2 Lemons
2 Level Tsp Of Salt
Make Gravy: Mix well everything and put underneath the chicken tray
1 stick of Cinnamon
3 Red Onions – Peel & Loosely chop
3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp of Vinegar
3 Level tbsp of Plain Flour
1 cup chicken stock cup
To Cook the Gravy :
1 cup of chicken stock
Some Corn starch water
Serve with :
Coriander on top
1. Combine all marinate ingredients .
2. Score the drumstick and thigh area because they take longer time to cook.
3. Rub Marinate ingredients all over chicken.
4. Marinate for 12 hours in the fridge/Overnight.
5. Take out chicken 1 hour before cooking. Let chicken come to room temperature.
6. Boil 1 lemon for 10 mins and stem/poke it all over. And put inside the chicken. ( I actually forget to do this part)
7. Pre-heat Oven 200c @ 10 mins.
8. Make The gravy. Mix well. Put in the tray.
9. Get ready everything. Chicken on top of the tray and gravy underneath.
10. In the Oven, 75mins @ 200c
11. Remove the chicken and let it rest for 15 mins.
12. Take out the gravy and add 1 cup chicken stock. Scrap everything from the tray. Push everything through a sieve. And Cook again the sauce, add some corn starch to have smooth sauce.