Some chili slices
1. Remove the gills and clean the fish thoroughly. Pat dry with towels. Score the fish on each side.
2. Season the fish with some salt.
3. Cover the fish with 1/2 tbsp Tapioca flour.
4. Heat up a wok and add cooking oil for deep frying.
5. Once the oil is hot, gently put in the fish. And cook for about 5-6 minutes each side. Transfer to a serving plate.
6. Combine the sauce and marinate the mushroom.
7. Heat up a wok. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil.
8. Add the ginger slices first and stir for 30 seconds before add in the garlic slices. Continue cook for another 30 seconds.
9. Add mushroom and give a quick stir. Add spring onions (the white part only) and continue stirring for 30 seconds.
10. Add the mixing sauce. Let it cooks for about 4-5 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
11. At this point, you need to taste the sauce. I did add about 1/4 tsp of salt.
12. Put in the balance Spring Onion. Give a quick stir.
13. One the sauce is ready. Pour in 1 tbsp of Shao Xing wine.
14. Pour the sauce on the fish.
15. Serve with warm rice and garnish with chili slices and spring onion.