Enoki Mushroom is definitely my top 2 favourite mushrooms in the whole world! These long, thin mushrooms with tiny caps are commonly found in Asian dishes, particularly Japanese dishes like nabemono and sukiyaki. Enoki mushroom are easily get from any supermarket and you always want to pick mushrooms that are firm and white; reject any enoki that are discolored or slimy.
Today, i’m going to show you how to make this delicious Enoki Mushroom Bacon Rolls. The two combination of enoki + bacon equal to deliciousness. Everyone on the table will definitely cheers for this dish.
Without further ado, let’s begin.
Enoki Mushroom Bacon Rolls
10 Bacon slices
2-3 pack enoki mushrooms
Chopped spring onions for garnish
1-2 tbsp cooking oil
For the sauce:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp shao xing wine
1 tbsp ginger sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
5 tbsp water
1. Chop a handful of spring onion.
2. Cut and remove the bottom stems from 3 packs enoki mushrooms.
3. Wash and drain enoki mushroom gently.
4. Lay a slice of bacon slice on chopping board.
5. Add a bunch of enoki mushrooms.
6. Roll them up.
7. Continue to do so for the rest.
8. If you have balance enoki mushroom, don’t throw away. Keep aside.
8. Mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
9. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok/pan.
10. Add the enoki bacon rolls to the wok/pan.
11. Let it cook on all sides.
12. Remove enoki bacon rolls from wok/pan.
13. Throw away the excess oil & wipe the wok/pan.
14. Add the enoki bacon rolls back to the pan.
15. Add sauce mixture.
16. Add the balance enoki mushroom (if any)
17. As sauce thickens, coat and braise the enoki bacon rolls.
18. And you probably want to let it go until it reduce by at least 1/3.And you will see the sauce will slowly become thick, at this point you can choose to keep going or stop.If you prefer to have a little ruiny sauce, then at this stage you can stop.But, if you prefer to have syrupy and thick sauce, keep going until you get the consistency you like.
19. Place the enoki rolls on a plate.
20.Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve with warm rice.