Chicken Kurma is one of the easy one-pot dish recipes that you can cook at home. I’d usually put lots of potatoes and onions to go with the dish because it’s delicious that way.
The secret to the creamy and luscious sauce is the ground cashew nut. It makes a significant difference with or without it. If you don’t have ground cashew nut in the kitchen, then your alternative is ground almond.
So, when I was bored with curry or rendang, next in line will be my chicken korma. I could have two plates of rice with this dish. It’s just crazy! That’s why I don’t cook it too often, to avoid putting up so much weight.
I hope you will enjoy this Chicken Kurma Malaysian Style recipe.
4pcs Chicken Drumstick, cut in smaller bite size
2 Potatoes, cut into 4
2 Onions, cut into 4
3-4 Garlic, slice thinly
2 Shallots, slice thinly
4 tbsp ground cashew nut or Almond, Optional
4.50 tbsp Kurma Powder, add some water to make a paste
100 ml Coconut milk
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Star Anise
3-4 White Pepper
3-4 tbsp Cooking oil
Some water ( add when necessary )
2 boiled eggs
1.50 tbsp Sugar
1. Heat up a wok. Add cooking oil.
2. Add shallots, garlic,1 Cinnamon stick,1 Star Anise,2 Cardamoms,3-4 White Pepper and 3 Cloves. Cook for 1 min.
3. Add Kurma powder paste. Cook for another 1-2 mins.
4. Add Potatoes and chicken. Stir well.
5. Add 400ml water and lets the chicken and potatoes cook.
6. Halfway through add ground cashew nut & Onion.
7. If the sauce becomes too thick, add some water.
8. Continue cooking until everything is cooked.
9. Add salt and sugar to taste.
10. Lastly add coconut milk & boiled eggs. Once the sauce comes to a boil, then it’s done!
12. Serve with a warm and fluffy rice!