Wonton Noodles is one of the most popular food among the Chinese community. It is so common that it become part of our routine to have this noodle at least once a week.
The key to delicious Wonton Noodle is the springy egg noodle, savory wonton soup, and the dark caramel sauce. But, with a touch of char siu and pickled green chillies, it is complete the whole package of Wonton Noodle.
I tried to perfecting the sauce for months now, and I think you’re going to like this. So, here you go, my version of Wonton Noodles.
Hope you’ll enjoy!
Wonton Noodles: Wantan Noodles
Serves: 1-2 persons
175g egg noodles
some choy sum
4 cup water
dash white pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sweet soy sauce (kicap manis)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp garlic oil (click here for recipe)
A pinch of salt
1/4 tsp sugar
Char Siu (click here for recipe)
Wonton soup (click here for recipe)
Pickled Green Chillies (click here for recipe)
1.Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Heat up the saucepan on a medium heat. Let the sauce comes to a boil and switches off the heat.
3. In a saucepan, add about 4 cup water and let it boil.
4. Blanch egg noodles in the boiled water for about 2-3 mins.
5. Run through with tap water for 10-15 seconds.
6. Dip the noodles back in the boiling water until cook.
7. Strain the noodles and transfer into the serving bowl and toss them in the sauce.
8. Cut and blanch choy sum.
9. Serve noodles with choy sum, wontons, sliced char siu pork and pickled green chillies.
10. Garnish with spring onions.
P.S. Wanna keep in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date with my posts!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/luveenalee/
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/luveenalee
Twitter : https://twitter.com/luveenalee