Udon noodle is so versatile you can have udon with soup, or you can opt for stir fry version. If up to me, I prefer to have my udon stir fry with vegetable, seafood, and mix sauce. Today, I’m going to share with you my Stir Fried Black Pepper Udon Noodles recipe.
My husband loves noodle a lot; it can be any noodle, like ramen, udon, wan tan mee, mee hoon and so on. So, I have my fair of share recipes in noodle department.
If you can take the heat, you may as well add 1 tbsp of chili paste or even add another tablespoon of black pepper sauce for an extra kick!
Whenever I have a busy day, stir fry noodle recipes always come to my rescue. It’s so easy to wash and cut a few vegetables, combined a sauce and directly stir fry the noodle. It’s so easy!
So, hopefully you will try this recipe and let me know how’s it turns out.
Stir Fried Black Pepper Udon Noodles | Black Pepper Udon Recipes
Serve: 2 persons
2 packets (400G) Japanese fresh udon noodles, loosen
5-6 prawns, shelled & deveined
100g carrot, julienne cut
150g cabbage sliced thinly
60g spring onion cut 5cm each
1 onion, cut in four or six
100g boneless chicken, marinate with 1 tsp oyster sauce
5 garlic, minced
3 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp water
Sauce ingredients (combined):
2 tbsp black pepper sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp thick soy sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sweet sauce
1 tsp sugar or to taste
5 tbsp Chicken stock
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Dash of white pepper powder
1. Remove udon noodles from packaging. And loosen it. Can use some hot water to loosen it quickly. Once Udon noodles separated, drain the water.
2. Remove prawn shell and devein it.
3. Cutting carrot into julienne.
4. Thinly slice cabbage.
5. Slice spring onions into 5cm.
6. Slice onion into 4 or 6.
7. Slice chicken meat into a medium size cube and marinate with 1 tsp oyster sauce for 15-20mins.
8. Mince 5 garlic.
9. Combined sauce ingredients.
10. Heat up a wok and add 2 tbsp cooking oil.
11. Stir fry prawns for 1-2 mins and remove from wok.
11. Using the same wok, add 1 tbsp cooking oil, add minced garlic.
12. Fry minced garlic until fragrant.
13. Add marinate chicken and stir fry for 1-2 mins.
14. Add Onion sliced, continue stir fry for 1 min.
15. Add carrot, stir fry 2 mins and add cabbage, cook until soften.
16. At this point, add 1-2 tbsp water to steam up and cook the vegetable faster. Do not add too much water. Add 1-2 tbsp at a time.
17. Add udon noodles, follow by combined sauce. Mix well.
18. Add spring onions and return the prawns to the wok. If the noodle too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water.
19. Toss briefly to mix. Serve immediately.