Steam Minced Pork is a family recipe that gets passed down to me. My mom excellent in making this dish and I can’t help to learn the recipe from her.
I don’t know why we never order this dish when eating out. Maybe because I don’t think they can beat my mother version or rather I prefer and satisfy enough with mom’s version.
We love to give a kick to the steamed minced pork with a little bit of dried cuttlefish. It just brings out the best of this dish. Some might put some salted fish, which is good too.
To mince the pork, we usually used a cleaver which you’ll get the best texture of the pork. But, at times when we’re lazy, we will just use a blender. Blender will save lots of times but do not over do it!. Once it smooth then you should stop. It takes about 15-20 seconds to get it smooth, yeah! That’s fast.
So, today my mom is helping me creating this dish, and I hope you’ll enjoy the video.
Steamed Minced Pork | Steam Minced Pork | Steamed Minced Meat |蒸肉餅
1.50 pcs Dried cuttlefish (medium size)
500g Pork belly (without the skin)
2.5 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp shallot oil
1/8 tsp white pepper
4 tbsp water
Pour 100ml water on the minced pork
2 stalks Chopped Spring Onion
Some fried garlic
1. Soak 1.50 pcs dried cuttlefish in water for 20 mins to soften.
Tip: Do not soak too long as the dried cuttlefish flavour will be diluted.
2. Slice dried cuttlefish in small pieces and transfer to the steaming tray.
3. Minced the fat part of pork belly (white part) with a knife.
4. Slice pork belly in a smaller size for easy blending.
5. Add pork belly and fat to a blender. Blend until smooth. Do not over blend. Transfer to a steaming tray. Mix the minced pork belly and dried cuttlefish.
5. Add seasoning to the minced pork mixture. Mix well.
6. Flatten the minced pork evenly and pat the meat with water for 2-3 times.
7. Get ready the steamer. Make sure the water is boiling before add the minced pork to steam.
8. Pour 100ml water on the minced pork before steam.
9. Steam for 25-30 mins.
10. Sprinkle chopped spring onion and fried garlic on the minced pork.
11. Serve with fluffy white rice.
P.S. Wanna keep in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date with my posts!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/luveenalee/
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/luveenalee
Twitter : https://twitter.com/luveenalee