I came across this recipe online and literally after watching the video, I was hooked and excited to try this. Little did I know that the recipe was incomplete, and I ended up making my version of Spaghetti with minced chicken and mushroom. The thing that attracted me the most was the little twist of using spaghetti in this Asian version recipe. The result, amazing and astonishing version of spaghetti recipe.
Let said, if you were bored with all the spaghetti carbonara, spaghetti bolognese or Aglio Olio, all the westerner recipe, like me. You need a new little twist; then I would suggest trying this recipe. Not only the spaghetti mixed well with the enoki, the sauce and shiitake mushroom but it bring the spaghetti to a new horizon.
I’m kinda proud of making this perfect for three of us, Me, Mr Hubby and My sister. All give a good thumbs up with this recipe.
So, if you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to let me know how it works.
Spaghetti With Minced Chicken And Mushroom ( Asian Version Spaghetti)
Serves: 3-4 persons
450g Spaghetti, cooked
1 packet Enoki, cut 2 inch below, wash, clean & blanch.
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
1.5 tsp sugar
4 tsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt, to taste
1/4 tsp white pepper
Marinate Chicken for 1 hour:
2 chicken breast, minced.
1 tsp corn flour
3 tbsp water
1/2 tsp white pepper
1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
Marinate Shiitake Mushroom at least 30mins:
10 small dried shiitake mushroom, soak in water and sliced thinly. Remove stalk. Squeeze out excess water.
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp sugar
Corn flour Liquid ( For thickening purpose): Mix well
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
Shallot Oil & Fried Shallot:
10 shallot, slice thinly
5 tbsp cooking oil
1. Get ready all the ingredients, marinate chicken and mushroom.
2. Heat up wok. Add 5 tbsp cooking oil. Add thinly sliced shallot.
3. Fried until shallot turns brown. Remove half of the fried shallot.
4. In the same wok, add mushroom and minced chicken. Try to separate the minced chicken into small pieces.
5. Add combined sauce.And stir for a well.
6. Add 500ml water and let it come to a boil. Taste the broth. Adjust accordingly with some salt or sugar.
7. Add cornflour liquid gradually until the sauce become thicker. Turn off the stove.
8. Add spaghetti, blanch enoki, half of spring onion and mix well everything.
9. Garnish with fried shallot and balance spring onion.
10. Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for reading, and till next time!