Hey, Asian food lovers out there. I got one delicious and tasty recipe to share with you this week.
This recipe, Lemongrass Chicken is an easy meal when you need a fast whip in the kitchen. Also, my kitchen smells amazing when cooking this.
Lemongrass smells like lemon, but it tastes milder and sweeter. This herb is used in various Asian cuisines as a flavoring agent due to its strong flavor.
Nutritionally, lemongrass is a good source of vitamins A and C, folate, folic acid, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and manganese. It also has minute traces of B vitamins.
Along with its culinary uses, lemongrass is useful in alternative or complementary remedies for a wide range of ailments.
If you’ve never cooked with fresh lemongrass before, you owe it to yourself to try it.
And with fresh stalk lemongrass in hand, I present you my Lemongrass Chicken Recipe!
450 gram 3 chicken thighs, boneless, skin on
1 stalk of lemongrass (using only bottom white part)
6-7 cloves garlic
2 Red Cili Padi/ Thai’s Chilies
3 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp water
For the Sauce:
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp black pepper
To serve with:
1.Cut chicken thighs into bite size and set aside.
2.Peel 1st and 2nd layer of lemongrass, thinly slice and finely chop it. It is important to chop the lemongrass finely. Set aside.
3.Chop ginger, garlic, and Thai’s Chili.
4.Thinly slice the onion.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Mixed well.
6. Heat a wok over high heat and add oil.
7. Add chicken, skin side down and cook for 4-5 mins without touching it. Let the chicken cook until golden brown and crispy.
8. Turn it over and cook for another 1-2 min or until chicken cooked.
9. Turn off heat and remove the chicken.
10. Remove excess oil and leave about 2 tbsp of oil.
11. Heat up the wok again. Add Lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chilies, and onion. Stir fry for about 1-2 mins.
12. Add the cooked chicken to the wok and sauce.
13. Stir-fry until sauce has thickened. About one min also.
14. Add 3 tbsp water. And stir fry for another 30 seconds.
15. Remove from heat and serve with warm cooked rice.
16. Garnish with fresh cilantro.