Crème Brulee (Crème Brûlée )Recipe
2 Cup Heavy Cream
¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300°F / 150c
2. Heat 2 cup heavy cream, in a sauce pan, almost to a simmer, stirring frequently. Don’t bring to boil.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 eggs and ½ cup sugar until blended.
4. Slowly/gradually stir in the hot cream. Start very slow or you may scramble your eggs.
5. Add 3/4 tsp vanilla extract.
6. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup. Discard anything left in the sieve.
7. Divide the mixture into few ramekins ( I’m using 4 small ramekins + 1 big ramekin) and place in a large baking dish.
8. Fill the baking dish with boiling water about halfway up the sides of the cups.
9.Bake at 300˚F for 40-45 minutes.
10.Once out of the oven, remove from hot water bath, let cool to room temp then cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fully cooled.
11. After cool down, remove from fridge. Put 1 -2 tsp sugar on each custard, swirl to spread evenly.
12. Torch the top – moving in a circular pattern until the whole surface is caramelized to a deep amber color.