How’s your Chinese New Year? I have a great one this year. The gathering among family, relatives and friends are amazing! We eat, toss, catch up, laughing and it’s actually nice to be re-connect again with the real people.
So, I suppose to share this Chinese Poached Chicken Recipe before Chinese New Year but I was swarmed with work, preparation of chinese new year that I was not able to make it.
Every year, my mom will make this Chinese Poached Chicken. Just because it’s great to have during chinese new year eve, and it’s actually 2 in 1 recipe. Not only you can make poached chicken, but you can use the broth to make a chicken soup or lotus soup.
And the chicken is also great to eat for the next day. Normally, the next morning we will take the left over chicken to stir fry with some soy sauce, ginger and a hint of salt.
So, now you know why I love this poached chicken! Hopefully, you’ll enjoy this like we all do.
Chinese Poached Chicken Recipe – White Cut Chicken Recipe 白切鷄
Serve : 5-6 pax
1.60 – 1.70kg Chicken
2 stalks Spring Onion
3 slices of ginger
A bowl of ice water/cold water
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
100g Ginger, minced
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 stalks spring onion, chopped
4 Thai’s Red Chilies, slice thinly
1 Japanese Cucumber, sliced
A handful of cilantro
How To Make Dipping Sauce:
1. Chop spring onion and Thai Red Chilies into small pieces. Combine in a small bowl.
2. Chop ginger and set aside.
3. Heat up a pan with 3 tbsp sesame oil.
4. Add chopped ginger and 1/8 tsp salt.
5. Stir fry for about 2-3 min on medium heat.
How to cook the chicken:
1. Bring 4 litre water to a boil. Use a deep pot. Add ginger slice and spring onion.
2. Once boil, dip chicken 3 times in a hot boil water. Continue poach chicken in the deep pot.
3. Let the water comes to a boil.
4. On medium heat, cook chicken for 15 mins. Cover the pot.
5. Increase heat to maximum and let water come to a vigorous boil for 15 seconds and switch off. Do not open the cover.
6. Lets chicken soak in the hot water for 20 mins.
7. Remove and let it soak in cold water or ice water preferable for 5 mins.
8. Cut chicken into small pieces and serve with dipping sauce.
9. Garnish with sliced cucumber and cilantro.