Cekodok Pisang or Jemput Jemput Pisang is classic breakfast or tea time treat in Malaysia.
It’s something that I had a lot… I mean A LOT when I was a kid. While, one because my dad usually will buy a ripe banana and the next day it’s super ripe, so we just have to make Cekodok Pisang out of it and secondly as I remembered, the Cekodok Pisang was sold in a shape of a big ball. Sometimes, as big as a tennis ball. I’m so tempted; it’s kind of hard to not buying such big cekodok.
Nowadays, I eat less of Cekodok Pisang and sometimes I do miss it. So, today is your lucky day, and I’m going to share with you how to make this delicious treat.
Psst… today I just had it for tea time. I skipped my lunch straight to tea time treat.
Good luck with the recipe!
CEKODOK PISANG| JEMPUT JEMPUT PISANG| MASHED BANANA FRITTERS
300g ripe banana (I’m using Pisang Berangan)
50g all purpose flour
50g rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 baking soda
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water, optional
Deep frying oil
1. Mash the bananas until it is pureed in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add all-purpose flour, rice flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar together.
3. Fold all the ingredients together.
4. Add 1 tbsp water if the mixture too thick.
5. Heat up cooking oil for deep frying. Using a chopstick to test the temperature. If there are bubbles around the chopstick, the oil is ready.
Tip: If the oil is too hot, lower down the oil. You don’t want to burn the cekodok.
6. Drop a tbsp of banana mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove the cook cekodok to a serving plate with a kitchen towel.
P.S. Wanna keep in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram to stay up to date with my posts!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/luveenalee/
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/luveenalee