have eaten lots of bread pudding and normally i would have one during breakfast in hotel. So, i could said this recipe does stand out compare to those in the hotel.
It’s easy and simple to make for breakfast or tea time. Normally, i would have extra bread at home. Because, we were those people who can’t finish their bread before expiry date.
If you have left over bread, this is the best recipe you can make. The kids are going to love this and adult are killing for it.
Every time i make this, it will finish in 5 minutes. I always feel bad as of i does not make enough for them.
Not only the bread pudding is delicious but the caramel sauce are sweet and tasty too. This is a kick-ass bread pudding recipe.
This recipe is credit to Christine Recipe. She is amazing chef and i’m just happy to make it. So, let share this wonderful recipe to the world.
Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serves : 3-4 person
180gm (1 small loaf) normal bread, at least one day old (cut cubes and toast in 170c oven for 10mins)
400 ml low fatt milk (or full cream)
80 gm white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs, whisked and sifted
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 gm raisins
20 gm almond flakes qqq
unsalted butter, for greasing the baking tray
50 gm unsalted butter a
30 gm light brown sugar
65 ml low fatt milk ( or full cream/evaporated milk)
1/8 tsp salt
1. Cut the bread into small pieces. Toast in oven 170c for 10 mins.
2. Grease the baking tray with butter. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat. Add sugar and salt. Cook until the sugar completely dissolved. Don’t need to bring it to boil though.
3. Remove from heat. Add whisked egg. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla extract.
4. Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour half of the milk mixture into it and mix well. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Transfer bread to the greased baking tray. Pour remaining milk mixture.
6. Sprinkle raisins and almond flakes on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. When the pudding pulls away from the edge of the tray, it’s done.
8. While baking, prepare the sauce. Put butter and light brown sugar in a small saucepan.
9.Heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Bring it to a boil.
10.Pour milk and mix well. Serve the pudding with caramel sauce on the side.
1. Sometimes i would change almond flakes with blueberries Or Raisin with blueberries.