hinese food will always be my comfort food. Today I decided to cook my Braised Chicken With Potatoes recipe. This dish is very tasty and homey.
You will be easily find this dish in any Chinese restaurant. I like to cook the potatoes and carrot upfront, just to get my kind of texture, not too mushy or to hard.
Hopefully, you enjoy my recipe today!
Braised Chicken with Potatoes
Serves: 4-5 person
800 gm Chicken, cut in pieces
3 medium potatoes, peel and cut in 4
1 carrot, peel and sliced
2 tsp garlic, peel and chopped
2 cm ginger, remove skin and sliced
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water = Corn starch Liquid
spring onion, sectioned
1 tbsp oil
4 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp shaoxing wine
¼ tsp salt
pepper to taste
1. Marinate Chicken pieces for at least 1 hour.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soften. 5 minutes before potatoes become soft, add carrot. Cook carrot until soften. Remove potatoes and carrot. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry until aromatic.
4. Add chicken and reserve the marinate.
5. Cook until both sides are slightly brown. Add sesame oil.
6. Add the reserve marinate and water. Cover to keep warm. Cook for 5 mins.
7. Add potatoes and carrot. Mix well with the chicken. If necessary add some water and continue until chicken is cook.
8. Add corn starch liquid and stir well. Cook to your preferred consistency.
9. Add spring onion and stir for 1-2mins. Serve hot.